Saturday, July 7, 2012

Stock investors submit 17-point reform plan

KATHMANDU, JULY 6, 2012

Nepal Investors Forum — an umbrella organisation of capital market investors — has submitted a 17-point long-term reform plan to the government to boost the stock market.

“We have submitted a reform plan to caretaker finance minister Barshaman Pun that complements the short-term reforms,” said president of the forum Sitaram Thapaliya. “Implementation of the plan will definitely boost the capital market as short-term measures have been showing positive results,” he said.

The government, investors and secondary market authorities had agreed to implement reform plan on May 31 when stock market had gone through a bearish trend. The pact had opened margin lending for investors.

Investors have suggested the government to reduce the face value of shares from Rs 100 each to Rs 10 while implementing the central depository system. Similarly, the forum has asked the government to provide a facility of self-declaration of clean money for investments of more than Rs one million.

“We have also urged for the establishment of a market rescue fund worth Rs 10 billion,” said Thapaliya, adding that the fund will stabilise the secondary market in times of crisis.

Source: THT

Anyone has the link to the 17 points reform plans, please provide it in the comment box below. Thank you in advance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sampurna, thank you for your comments on my blog http://stock-dai.blogspot.com/ You have a nice blog as well and I plan to bookmark it. As far as my blog, this would be more of a hobby for me which is why I will not be updating very often...may be only once a week. In my case, my blog consists of all my opinions and views. Initially, I planned to create a blog just like yours where I would just google financial news. In that case, I could definitely update regularly. But for now, I do not plan on that. Regarding stocks, I will once in a while do analyses, but I want my blog to be more about things that are going on in Nepal in the financial world, economy and how it affects stocks, and mostly general things, etc. and not just be fixated on stocks.

Anonymous said...

dear, stock dai and nepal stock (sampurna jee) of blogspot please united your site which help better site for reader. I have also page in Facebook : Nepal Investors' Club.
let's unite and form new site .
and share our news, views and so on.
if u both can join Nepal Investors' Club and I will make u administrator of that page if u want and then share all thing through one window